- Choose software edition
- Transcoding The pro edition can convert your media, on-the-fly, from one format to another making sure that everything plays. Hardware acceleration (via Intel Quick Sync Video) will be used for H.264 encoding.
- Media formats and codecs Your media library is typically comprised of many different types of media, however target devices may only support some of those types. The Pro edition can detect those cases and automatically trigger the necessary conversion so that you can just hit play and watch.
- Web Content In addition to your personal media, TVersity supports web content which you can add to your library as individual web pages or Internet feeds (RSS, MRSS, Atom, RDF, OPML, etc.). The Pro edition can basically deliver any web page to your target device as a video stream.
- Chromecast TVersity comes with an intuitive HTML5 interface for Chrome, which allows you to browse and search your media library and push content for playback on Chromecast. The Pro edition will also transcode content that Chromecast does not support such as videos ripped from DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
- Roku The media player app that comes with Roku is fully supported by TVersity. The Pro edition will also transcode content that Roku does not support such as videos ripped from DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
- Xbox 360 The music, video and photo apps that come with the Xbox are fully supported by TVersity. The Pro edition will also transcode content that the Xbox does not support such as videos ripped from DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
- PS3 The music, video and photo apps that come with the PS3 are fully supported by TVersity. The Pro edition will also transcode content that the PS3 does not support.
- iPhone/iPad/Android TVersity comes with a mobile friendly web interface that can be opened in a mobile browser. The Pro edition will also transcode content that the mobile device does not support and stream it in a mobile friendly way (i.e. via HLS).
- Smart TVs & Blu-rayTVersity supports TVs and Blu-ray players with DLNA or similar technology (Samsung calls it AllShare, other vendors may have other names). The Pro edition may be able to transcode content that the device does not support, however due to the large variety of brands and models this is not guaranteed.
- Free Upgrades
- Perpetual License
- partial (device specific)
- minor releases
- minor releases and 1 year major
Before you install
- Check compliance with the minimum system requirements.
- New users should refer to the Quick Start guide before installing the software.
- Existing users may want to learn what’s new in the latest release.
- Note that you can install the Pro edition on top of the Basic one or vice versa, and in both cases all your media sources will be preserved.
Minimum System Requirements (Basic edition)
- Pentium 4 or better (Core i3 is recommended)
- 256 MB of memory or more (2GB recommended)
- 300 MB of disk space (At least 4 GB of free space is recommended for cache area of transcoded media)
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- DirectX 9.0 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher
- For transcoding to WMV (Xbox 360) WMP11 is required
- Audio enabled on the computer running the software
- Administrator account is needed for installation as Windows service
- Internet connection required for license key verification (no proxies)
Minimum System Requirements (Pro edition)
In addition to the above the Pro edition requires:
- Latest Flash Player installed and working with either Firefox or Google Chrome (Flash player can be downloaded from here - please choose the Firefox version).
- The minimum requirements will allow real-time transcoding of media files with bitrates up to 300-400 kbps. Higher bitrates will require faster machines.
- Media files that do not require transcoding, i.e. can be played by the media player device as is, will work well on systems meeting the minimum requirements, disregarding their bitrate, and in fact can even work on slower machines.
- A modern, desktop grade, single core CPU is required for real-time transcoding of standard definition video (e.g. WMV 640×480 1.5Mbps).
- Multi core or multi CPU systems are required for real-time transcoding of high definition video (or Intel Quick Sync Video support in the CPU).
- Non real-time transcoding of any bitrate video can be done on any machine, with the speed of the machine determining the time it takes to complete the transcoding.
ATTENTION: TVersity Basic and Pro editions are intended for in-home, personal, non-commercial use only. A commercial license (including a developer license) is available here.