|TVersity Media Server (Basic)||TVersity Media Server Pro|
|Premium Web Content||No||Yes|
|Wii (via Opera)||Yes||Yes|
|iPad/iPhone/iPod and Android (3.0 or newer)||some videos||Yes|
|On-the-fly Transcoding||except iPad/iPhone/iPod||Yes|
|Free Upgrades||Minor releases + 6 months of all releases||Minor releases + 12 months of all releases|
|Latest Version||2.4 (March 13, 2013)||2.4 (March 13, 2013)|
License key is required
License key is required
Before you install
- Check compliance with the minimum system requirements.
- New users should refer to the Quick Start guide before installing the software.
- Existing users may want to learn what’s new in the latest release.
- Note that you can install the Pro edition on top of the Basic one or vice versa, and in both cases all your media sources will be preserved.
Minimum System Requirements (Basic edition)
- Pentium III 700 Mhz or better (Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz with support for Hyper Threading is recommended)
- 256 MB of memory or more (2GB recommended)
- 100 MB of disk space (At least 4 GB of free space is recommended for cache area of transcoded media)
- Windows XP / 2000 / 2003 / Vista / 7
- DirectX 9.0 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher
- For transcoding to WMV (Xbox 360) WMP11 is recommended (otherwise WMV encoding can be done via ffmpeg instead of DirectShow)
- Audio enabled on the computer running the software
- Administrator account is needed for installation as Windows service
Minimum System Requirements (Pro edition)
In addition to the above the Pro edition requires:
- Pentium 4 2.8Ghz or better.
- Latest Flash Player installed and working with either Firefox or Google Chrome (Flash player can be downloaded from here - please choose the Firefox version).
- The minimum requirements will allow real-time transcoding of media files with bitrates up to 300-400 kbps. Higher bitrates will require faster machines.
- Media files that do not require transcoding, i.e. can be played by the media player device as is, will work well on systems meeting the minimum requirements, disregarding their bitrate, and in fact can even work on slower machines.
- Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz with support for Hyper Threading and with 1GB of memory is recommended for real-time transcoding of standard definition video (e.g. WMV 640×480 1.5Mbps).
- Multi core or multi CPU systems with 1 Gbyte of memory are required for real-time transcoding of high definition video.
- Non real-time transcoding of any bitrate video can be done on any machine, with the speed of the machine determining the time it takes to complete the transcoding.
Still not sure?
Check what other users are saying about the TVersity Media Server or check the Features page to learn more about TVersity.
ATTENTION: TVersity Basic and Pro editions are intended for in-home, personal, non-commercial use only. A commercial license (including a developer license) is available here.