New version is almost here + Blackberry Support

April 29th, 2008  |  Published in Devices  |  36 Comments

A few months ago we posted some screenshots of our new user interface. It has been awfully quiet ever since on our blog since we were hard at work implementing the new interface as well as many other improvements. This upcoming release is major for us, we will finally hit 1.0 and so we decided to give it an extra week or two if necessary and do it right. In the meantime, we wanted to give you a little something to look at, while we finalize our work.

So… we are happy to announce that one of the new features in our 1.0 release will be Blackberry support. We will support the 81xx, 83xx, 88xx models (also known as Pearl, Curve and World Edition) and we will require OS4.2 or higher (streaming requires OS 4.3 or higher). For video, models that support WiFi are naturally recommended (this is until a 3G model becomes available…).

To help you visualize it we have created a short video and uploaded it to YouTube. We do not know how many TVersity users own one of these Blackberry models, so please drop us a note and let us if this feature strikes a cord with you.

Responses

is deprecated since version Use instead.Feed Trackback Address
  1. Simon says:

April 30th, 2008 at 5:02 am (#)

I love my Blackberry and I love TVersity… Now I can love them both together!

Great - keep up the efforts. Can’t wait for the next release.

2. Steven says:

April 30th, 2008 at 8:50 am (#)

I can’t wait for the new version. Keep up the great work. Its the best program out there.

3. foodDood says:

April 30th, 2008 at 10:46 am (#)

Always excited to see new things from this team. My home network wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable without TVersity.

4. GGCAN says:

April 30th, 2008 at 11:36 am (#)

Very nice ! Been waiting since the first post, but understand you want to get most bugs out before us users get the product…Thanks again.

5. Jope says:

April 30th, 2008 at 3:22 pm (#)

Any preview of what we can expect in the new release (for us not owning a Blackberry, that is)?

6. hsteckylf says:

May 2nd, 2008 at 11:07 am (#)

This sounds awesome! Can’t Wait!

7. JD says:

May 3rd, 2008 at 12:16 am (#)

Any word on S60 support for Nokias?

8. ScottM says:

May 7th, 2008 at 8:11 am (#)

how do you get tversity installed on my blackberry curve?

9. ScottM says:

May 7th, 2008 at 8:12 am (#)

how do i install tversity on my blackberry curve. ive installed it on my home laptop but im not sure how to get it on my phone

10. Ronen Mizrahi says:

May 7th, 2008 at 11:00 am (#)

No need to install anything, once we release the new version, you will simply need to point the web browser to the computer running TVersity and that is it.

11. Henk says:

May 8th, 2008 at 6:54 am (#)

Is there a Mac version planned??

12. ScottM says:

May 9th, 2008 at 7:34 am (#)

ma

13. ScottM says:

May 9th, 2008 at 7:36 am (#)

maybe im stupid but what do you mean, point my web browser to my computer?
    thanks

14. JD says:

May 9th, 2008 at 11:57 am (#)

I think it means enter IP address of the computer running TVersity media server

15. BoDEAN says:

May 9th, 2008 at 7:55 pm (#)

Taking a year and a day for you to release this software. Wasn’t it announced months and months ago?

16. Brad says:

May 10th, 2008 at 12:34 am (#)

Would LOVE to see a version that supports the BB. Also would LOVE a server that supports Ubuntu!

17. StaticShadow says:

May 12th, 2008 at 4:35 pm (#)

Yes, a Linux version please guys! :)

18. Ben says:

May 13th, 2008 at 3:51 am (#)

make sure the new version supports windows XP service pack 3. since I installed it Tversity can’t run properly as mediaserver.exe causes an eror and shuts down. Others have the same problem so its not just me… its a great software, i miss it !

19. Al says:

May 13th, 2008 at 11:04 pm (#)

The Blackberry support looks amazing!
    I love the product and use it frequently on my XBOX 360. Just curious what the developers think of support for a device like this;

It’s a television with a built in web-browser. I would imagine if the software support is there (flash etc.) this would be an ideal product for the Tversity software. Imagine a television where you can just plug in a power chord and a wireless bridge and watch anything you want, anywhere you want. Extremely convenient!

Keep up the amazing work!

20. Bierbeer says:

May 15th, 2008 at 12:43 pm (#)

Great to hear that the new version is almost comming! I love TVersity.

I hope you guys fix that it will now run under XP64. Now its not working at all, network load on all content is 0.7% (100Mbit) but on other DNLA clients it uses all the bandwith so it is Tversity thats having a problem with xp64.

Thnx again!

21. AlfaX says:

May 15th, 2008 at 6:40 pm (#)

Why mediaserver.exe trying to connect to youtube.com by default ?
    I have expensieve satellite connection about 49$ per 1gb and yesterday it got about 500mb of traffic - strange activity of tversity :(
    I didnt setup any internet urls or etc. in tversity and find out it by tcpview - too many activity’s from mediaserver to youtube - what does it mean ???

22. Cy says:

May 20th, 2008 at 6:43 am (#)

I’ve got the 8320 and can’t wait for this to see the light of day! Here’s my “note” for ya! Keep up the outstanding work!

23. Lukas says:

May 24th, 2008 at 8:41 pm (#)

Crazy to see the new look!!!

24. David says:

May 29th, 2008 at 1:31 am (#)

Blackberry Support!! You guys rock!!! I will love my 8320 that much more!
    I second the notion regarding XP SP3. I have not upgraded to SP3 yet but would like to in the future and I NEED my TVersity to work or I will Cry like a little girl!!!

25. Scott says:

May 29th, 2008 at 11:54 pm (#)

I put SP3 on and Tversity did not work after until I turned off Windows Firewall–or later added exceptions to the media server and the used TCP 41952 (default). Now it’s working like a charm again.

Great program…can’t wait for the new version.

26. Kellos says:

June 7th, 2008 at 10:28 am (#)

Any news on when this is due to be released? The blog made it sound like it was just a couple of weeks away and yet it’s been over a month.

Not complaining, I’m just really looking forward to the new version and I check this site almost daily.

27. rithim says:

June 8th, 2008 at 3:16 am (#)

Great feature. I have a BB Pearl.

28. Alvaro says:

June 11th, 2008 at 10:14 am (#)

Tversity is great, i use it with my xbox360, when will be here the new version?

29. Matthew says:

June 13th, 2008 at 7:37 pm (#)

I don’t own a blackberry, so therefore would like to see symbian 9.2 support myself :( However I do love Tversity, and have used it vurtially right from the start, been all through the teething problems, and now get to see it almost fully working and bug free :) Thanks everyone who has worked on the project. You have made the television so much easier to manage in and around my busy life :)

30. Geoff says:

June 16th, 2008 at 4:41 pm (#)

I have a curve and am anxiously awaiting this software too. I noticed in the demo vid that it was using wifi. Is streaming possible across the mobile network as well?

31. PJ says:

June 22nd, 2008 at 4:47 am (#)

“This upcoming release is major for us, we will finally hit 1.0 and so we decided to give it an extra week or two if necessary and do it right.”

This was posted in April. Anyone got any news on when 1.0 will be available?

32. Bob in SLO says:

June 29th, 2008 at 8:50 pm (#)

It is now June 29th…does that mean that 1.0 will be released tomorrow? There is only one day left in the month…anxious

33. PJ says:

June 30th, 2008 at 5:31 am (#)

I think someone should maybe check that there is no milk stood at the door, or the papers and post is not sticking out of the letter box. ;)

34. Vippi Ilman Luottotietoja says:

January 24th, 2013 at 10:41 pm (#)

Vippi Ilman Luottotietoja…

TVersity - New version is almost here + Blackberry Support…

35. juegos de cosina says:

March 2nd, 2013 at 3:19 pm (#)

juegos de cosina…

TVersity - New version is almost here + Blackberry Support…

36. mulberry clutch bag black friday deals says:

November 4th, 2014 at 4:03 am (#)

mulberry clutch bag black friday deals…

Peanut memorabilia collectors’ club…

Leave a Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.