Quick Start Guide
This user guide applies to both the Media Server and the Screen Server. The primary difference between the two is the fact that the Media Server allows one to manage a media library with personal and web content, while the Screen Server has a fixed media library with two options, mirroring the screen and playing the PC audio. Other than that both server work exactly the same and communicate with target devices in the same exact manner.
Before You Start
- Please make sure your system complies with the minimum system requirements of the software.
- There is no need to uninstall older versions of the software, Tversity will upgrade your existing installation and will copy your shares to the new installation.
- Please locate the setup file you downloaded and make sure it has a ‘.exe’ suffix. On some systems, due to certain security software/practices one will find the file with no suffix, in such a case please rename it so that the ‘.exe’ extension is restored.
- Run the setup file and go through the installation wizard.
After an Upgrade
The first time TVersity runs after an upgrade it does a full refresh of your media library. During this refresh the browsing of your media library (via a web browser, or any other device) may result in an error due to a known issue with the TVersity server, and so it is best to let the refresh complete before moving to the next step. Once the refresh of the media library is done you can safely move to the next step.
After Installing for the First Time
- If you wish to have TVersity serve media located on network shares you will need to change its log-on account to some user with administrative rights. An account with the same username and password should exist on the remote machines as well so that access to that remote machine won’t require authentication.
- At this point make sure the server is running and responding by opening the following URLs: click here for Media Server or click here for Screen Server. You should see a media library navigation page, this is a web based interface for accessing your media library. Finally you can invoke the TVersity graphical user interface in a web browser by going to the following URLs: click here for Media Server or click here for Screen Server
- You should know that you can access the TVersity GUI (as well as all the interfaces mentioned above) from any machine on your network by replacing the
localhostin the above URL with the IP address or name of the machine running TVersity.
- TVersity also offers a standalone (not browser based) graphical user interface (available only on the machine on which TVersity was installed) that has a few additional features. You can open it from the Windows start menu, it resides under Programs -> TVersity Media Server.
Adding Content to your Media Library
This section is not relevant to the Screen Server, which has in its media library exactly two options: screen mirroring and PC audio playback.