Quick Start for iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
- Open the Safari browser on the iPhone and point it to
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the machine running TVersity.
- It is recommended to do it initially with the iPhone connected to your home wireless network. You can find out the IP address of any given Windows machine by following the instructions here.
- You should now see your media library and be able to navigate it and play everything on it. Once an item has been selected for playback please wait till the little Quicktime play icon appears, then tap on it and the playback will start.
- The only exception is videos that require transcoding, they will only play when using the Pro edition of TVersity.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed the server and used it to play content on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- In order to access the media library on the go, you need to use the same URL mentioned above but with a different IP address. You can find this IP address by pointing the web browser on the machine running TVersity to http://tversity.com/myip.php.
- You also need to set up your router to forward the TVersity port (by default port 41952) to the machine running TVersity. Step by step instructions are available here. (please note that there are security risks associated with port forwarding and that you do it at your own risk)
- If you are using an EDGE connection make sure to point Safari to
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41952/iphone/edge so that TVersity will generate low bitrate videos which are appropriate for streaming over EDGE.