Quick Start for Windows Media Center Extenders
- Windows Media Center extenders can be used in conjunction with TVersity as long as TVersity runs on a computer that supports Windows Media Center.
- You will first need to add TVersity to the list of applications that are listed in Windows Media Center. Go to
Start -> Programs -> TVersity Media Server -> TVersity Tools -> TVersity for Windows Media Center. This will start the TVersity library user interface for Windows Media Center, a screenshot is available here.
- In the left menu bar you will see an option to
Add TVersity to More Programs, this will install it so that you can now find it in Media Center under the
more programs or
Program Library menu (the name may be slightly different depending on the exact version of Windows Media Center you are using).
- Please verify that the previous step was successful by navigating to the main Media Center menu, then to the Programs menu and finally select TVersity from the menu and make sure it starts successfully.
- Now go your Windows Media Center Extender, connect to Windows Media Center like you always do and similar to the previous step, navigate to the Programs menus and start TVersity.
- Congratulations! You have used TVersity with your Windows Media Center extender.
- While using TVersity from a Windows Media Center extender the PC running TVersity must be on, and the TVersity sharing service must be running.
- You can use the method described on this page to connect to TVersity via an Xbox 360, however a better user experience is available by following the method here (as an added benefit this alternative method does not require Windows Media Center.)